Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Review: Remember

RememberRemember by Shannon Dermott
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Remember is one of my guilty pleasure type books. It wasn't great, but I still wanted to keep reading it, and I wanted to know what was going to happen. It reminded me of a Wattpad novel.

The first half of the book was very slow, bogged down in small detail without the larger picture taking shape. My mind would wander during the long detailed passages. It's like I was reading a really, really long prologue. I kept waiting for the supernatural to show up. Some sentences were very muddled, and sometimes did not make any sense at all. There were quite a few times I had to go back and reread a sentence or paragraph to understand it.

The relationship between Charlie and her mom was nice, but the ones between Peter, Charlie and Alex were irritating. Something like this...
description
...the whole book.

I'm glad that Charlie found a friend in MC, though. Yay, female friendships without backstabbing, snide comments and thoughts! I really appreciate them, but I didn't feel like she got enough time in the spotlight. Young adult books need more of these. It's so important to show what female friendship should be like.

The histories of Alex & Peter were interesting, and I enjoyed reading them. I wouldn't mind reading more, or maybe even scenes from them, even though I'm not usually one for flashbacks.

I would recommend this if I knew the person liked Twilight or similar books.

I will be reading the next book in the series when it becomes available.


I did receive this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname