Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Review: Black Beast

Black Beast Black Beast by Nenia Campbell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

[EDIT: I completely forgot to put my favorite thing about these books. They start out exactly where they left off from the previous book. This may not be a big deal to some, but to me it very much is. I love love love when authors do this.]

3.5

This book is actually my least favorite in the series. I had a hard time getting into it at the beginning. I had to get accustomed to the predator/prey voices, which disrupted the flow of the story for me. But once accustomed, the fluidity returned and kept throughout the book.

I disliked the personalities of the characters at the start, too, especially the dialogue between Catherine and her friend Sharon. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they were supposed to. Although, I never got around to liking Sharon, Catherine grew on me, and Finn really showed his psycho side.

After the first part of this book I really enjoyed it. It's a setup story. If you're having a tough time at the start, stick with it. It's absolutely worth it. I just finished book three and it is the best so far. They just keep getting better and better. I can not wait to read the fourth.
description




Disclaimer: I did receive this book in a giveaway from the author, which in no way has any influence over my review of the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname